By Damian C
- Oregon’s state flag pictures a beaver on its reverse side. It is the only state flag to carry two separate designs.
- Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state.
- Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States and is formed in the remains of an ancient volcano.
- Oregon and New Jersey are the only states without self-serve gas stations.
- Eugene was the first city to have one-way streets.
- Pilot Butte, a cinder cone volcano, exists within the city limits of Bend.
- At 329 feet the Coast Douglas-Fir in Oregon is considered the tallest tree in the state.
- At 8,000 feet deep Hells Canyon is the deepest river gorge in North America.
- The hazelnut is Oregon’s official state nut. Oregon is the only state that has an official state nut. The hazelnut is also known as the filbert.
- Oregon’s state birthday is on February 14, Valentine’s Day.
Taken from Oregonstatefacts.com